Start using nipple cream

FTM, I read somewhere that it’s advisable to use nipple cream everyday from 3rd trimester so our nipple will be soft and moist, in preparation for baby’s 1st latch. When do you start using nipple cream ? Or only after birth? Can i use normal moisturiser instead if i were to use during pregnancy ? (Rosken or cerave) #FTM #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I don’t think it’s required but you can use it if you like it. I personally didn’t use any cream before I gave birth and still managed to breastfeed my son until he was 2 years old. After giving birth, I tried using when it was painful but didn’t think it was helpful so I stopped. Do whatever you think works for you!

Read more

I used nipple cream during pregnancy when my nipples are dry, then after pumping or latching as well. If you mean moisturiser for all over your body, I will just use whatever you already have. I personally didn’t change my prepregnancy moisturizers nor skincares. Baby came out fine.

Masseur told me not to use nipple cream as it will make it flaky so I stopped. After birth, just use your breast milk to moisturize if necessary, it works. Then before breastfeed just give it a wipe down first.