Weaning + Water intake at 8 months

Hi! FTM here. Can anyone share how much water to give 8 month old baby who is fully formula fed? As for weaning, what types of meal/food to give? I am quite stressed out as I am clueless how to prepare weaning food for baby. Does it take long to prepare? I am currently working full time, so on weekdays, I only have dinner time to let baby try weaning food. Will that be sufficient? I am afraid that I have delayed baby’s weaning journey. He is 8 months now and hardly try any variety of food 😭

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My PD says it hard to actually give so much water such that the baby has water poisoning.. as long as baby has enough fluids, I usually give about 100ml after each meal cos she loves water and her weight percentile is high. If yours isn’t then can focus more on milk as fluids It’s fast to just steam fruits or veg and blend, make in bulk and can freeze in those silicon mould then steam whenever you want :) or slow cooker porridge We were advised not to give baby new food at night though in case of allergy..

Read more
1mo trước

Thanks for sharing! 🙂 So far I’ve been giving formula milk only, plus few sips of water (fed through his baby spoon) if he is taking cereal/baby snacks. Ok, shall try the steaming and blending. 👍🏻

Usually for me, i'll give her cerelac 3x a day. Now that she's teething, i'll just give once during lunch and for breakfast and dinner, i'll just put brown rice in her milk. Sometimes she doesn't want to drink the mixture of brown rice and milk, so i'll just make her a new batch of warm milk and feed her a few egg biscuits. I mean at least she's eating. If not, i'll get worried and stress. Now, i thought of giving her some banana.

Read more
1mo trước

Thanks for sharing! 🙂 Do you serve the water in milk bottle? Or put in those sippy cup let her drink by herself?

Not too late to start now! Has your baby’s ifc started serving solids? Can try giving fruit or vegetable purées. Examples steamed apples, avocado, banana, steam broccoli etc, all these can be blended into purées. Steam, blend, and freeze during the weekends, so you just need to reheat and serve during weekdays.

Read more
3t trước

Ifc now started to serve baby porridge 😌 And we also packed Gerber instant cereal for ifc and they served it as breakfast 😂 Tried Apple puree once, but baby doesnt really like it 🙈

as long your baby drinks water no pressure.

1mo trước

👍🏻 thanks for sharing 🙂