Third Pregnancy - First time exceeded 37weeks bum in tummy.

This is my first time exceeding and Im currently at 38weeks 2days with no sign. My first was born at 37weeks 6days naturally waterbroke at home & pushed out within 45mins when in SGH. My second born at 37weeks 4days cause upon checkup, doc said im already dialated 4cm hence laboured early and pushed out after 4hr of contraction started. (Total in labour 12hrs cause no sign for the first 9hrs). Both experienced no inducing and normal V delivery. I am very worried. Last week I was only 37weeks 2days and doc said Im only 1cm stretch. Baby is good and normal. Waterbag lvl too seems normal. This 31st will be my checkup and I really hope my cervix dilated at least 4cm-5cm or more. Any mommy facing the similarity and what adv did your doc share? What options etc that we will be given? Do share your experience.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For my first exceed EDD and I was induced, give birth at 41 weeks 1 day. A week before that I was 3cm dilate and membrane sweep. I had no signs of labour. For my second exceed EDD and was supposingly induced but things dont go as plan. I give birth at 40 weeks 2 days. The day of admission I just stayed in ward, waited till past midnight. A day before I was also 3cm dilate, two times of membrane sweep at 39 weeks and 40 weeks. No signs of labour except mild contractions. I guess depend on individual can be fast can be slow. My second born, mid of labour a whooping seconds from 3cm to 10cm, suddenly.

Read more
6mo trước

I have two girls as well. Congrats and have a smooth delivery.

Hi, I don’t have the same experience but would like to ask for tips on how or what you did to be in such short labour without inducing? I’m currently at 38 weeks and a first time mom.

6mo trước

I see. Alhamdulillah lucky for you. I’ve had 2 false alarms last week. And i thought my waterbroke, went to women’s emergency got it checked but turns out it wasn’t. So feeling anxious and worried.