Steamboat during CNY eve while on confinement

Hello fellow mummies, my edd is during cny nxt year. Assume i deliver earlier, before cny eve, my PIL want to have reunion dinner steamboat at my place on CNY eve while im doing confinement. Im not having confinement nanny, so just hub and me taking care of the baby. And most likely im gg for elective c-sec, so i will need even more rest. Should i reject the idea of having steamboat at my place? I really duno how tired i will be as this will be my 1st baby. Im trying to keep housework to the minimal, hence i have ordered confinement meal instead. Although my MIL will try to help, but i cannot imagine the aftermath of a steamboat dinner for 6 pax. And can i eat steamboat during confinement? #advicepls #firsttimemom

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Confinement would be a period of recovering and healing. Therefore if I were to be you, I would reject. Eventhough she request to help and clear the mess but it is inappropriate that she disturb your cofinement period by having CNY reunion while you are healing. And confinement are also the time that you are strict on food intake to ensure your inner body heal well esp after c section. So avoid all unnecessary food intake that may cause allergy, heaty, spicy.

Read more