Dilemma - To work or stay at home?

Ever since I found out that I’m pregnant, the thought of leaving my job to be a full-time mom keeps popping up. My job is very demanding and stressful in nature and I cannot imagine juggling both the baby and my career at this moment. The current plan is to hire a helper to take care of the baby but the idea of being a full time mummy is very appealing at this point but also would make me feel guilty of not being able to contribute financially to the family. It has been challenging for me to even make myself to bring this topic up seriously with my husband as I’m afraid it would add to his stress…

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

It depends what you feel deep down and have a discussion. Maybe instead of resigning you may work as part time or office hours job while still earning income. If you wish to get helper then it helps your burden lessen a little. Being a SAHM can be great, but if you are someone who have been contributing with financial then better to work. You may get bored if you don't work too. Alternatively, you can also take a short break from work and contribute to financial months later.

Read more