Only can hand express but not pumping

Delivered via e C-section, only managed to hand express milk from day 5 onwards with engorged breasts but the consistency is unlike colostrum. Did I missed the golden period? And I only able to squeeze out milk via hand express but not pumping. Hands getting sore. Is this normal at the beginning? #handexpress #breastmilk

Only can hand express but not pumping
4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

seems like colostrum to me! don’t worry! it’s fine! keep stimulating your boobs. try using manual pump instead of hand expressing which causes more pain and swollen nipples :( do note that once your colostrum period is gone your breastmilk will be more towards white in colour.

2y trước

ah the lighting might be misleading. it's more like foremilk watery white kind. ya I will keep simulating my boobs! thank u ❤️

Have you tried to massage your breasts before expressing? Also have you tried to latch your LO?

2y trước

thank u for the encouragement! ya left side nipple indeed is shorter so she won't latch at all. at least left side she still tried to suckle abit but stopped after realising there's no milk haha.

yes it’s normal. colostrum is mixed in with your milk production

2y trước

thank u!

Thành viên VIP

Don’t give up! Your milk supply is kicking in

2y trước

thank u!