Dear mums, I have an issue with sleep training my LO. when do you sleep train your baby (when suitable) and how do you do it?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Exhausted parents may be eager to get training underway—so how do you know when to start sleep training? “Most infants are ready for some sort of sleep training at 4 to 6 months,” says Lauren Kupersmith, MD, a clinical instructor at the department of pediatrics at NYU Langone Medical Center. “While some pediatricians adhere to the guidelines that infants are ready to be sleep trained when they achieve a particular weight, I feel it’s much more appropriate to wait until they are developmentally ready to self-soothe, at about 4 months old.” Still, there’s no right time to begin sleep training baby. While 4 months is a great time to consider starting, experts stress that you haven’t missed out if you don’t sleep train until baby is 10 months, a year or even older.“We didn’t sleep train until our son was 18 months and we moved into a two-bedroom apartment so he could have his own room,” says Robin, a mom of two. “We did a ‘sleep lady shuffle’ method, and he caught on pretty quickly.” While you may have read up on various sleep training methods while pregnant or in the early weeks of baby’s life, it’s a good idea to speak with your pediatrician before you start. For example, if your child is gaining weight slowly or was a preemie, he may not be ready to drop a nighttime feeding and may need a sleep-training schedule that’s adapted to a few middle-of-the-night wake-ups.

Read more

Sleep training shouldn't start before 6 months of age or maybe once the baby is not feeding during the night. There are some methods such as Bed Fading time: This involves temporarily moving your baby's bedtime later while teaching him to fall asleep on his own

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-171)

Thành viên VIP

One can start sleep training their baby when he has achieved certain milestones like rolling on his side or on his tummy, sucking his thumb, etc. That may happen anytime between 4 to 6 months.

thanks