Currently i am having red patches at breast. Baby is on full direct latch. The boob are generally soft already however its painful when pressed at certain area. Having on n off fever since last night n had taken 2 dosage of panadol. Is it mastitis already? Should i continue to monitor as i continue to let bb latch or i need to start on antibiotics already?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Mommy, sorry you're in pain. It does sound like mastitis -- which is a plugged duct accompanied by flu like symptoms (body aches, nausea, fatigue, headache and fever). There will usually be a hot, tender reddened splotch – usually on the outer and upper part of the breast but it can happen anywhere. Have you tried home remedies yet? Between feedings, you can use a cold compress on the breast to help with any inflammation. Some of my friends take a warm shower to help the circulation in the breast and ease the pain. You should offer baby your sore breast first, and massage the breast towards the nipple before. Massage the breast often during feedings and between feedings to help "move along" the affected area. The panadol should help with the discomfort and pain a little. But if your condition does not improve or gets worse after 24-48 hours, you may need to start the antibiotics.

Read more

It does sounds like mastitis. Mastitis is an inflammation of the breast that could be caused by obstruction, infection or an allergy. It may come on abruptly and is usually and is usually associated with fever and likely to be more painful than a blocked duct. Try using heat and gentle massage before nursing may help ease the discomfort. While nursing, continue to nurse on the affected breast and try to get a good latch. After nursing, pump or express milk to help empty the breast. Apply cold compress to ease pain and inflammation. For more information on both conditions, you may find this article useful: http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mother/mastitis/

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-14255)