Bringing baby out

Hello. Just curious when do you mummies bring your baby out for walks or to the malls? I have not really left my house since I have birth. Baby is almost 2 months now.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your new baby! It's totally normal to feel hesitant about bringing your little one out, especially in the early months. It's generally safe to start taking your baby out for short walks as soon as you feel comfortable doing so. Fresh air and a change of scenery can be really nice for both you and your baby. Of course, always consider the weather and make sure your baby is dressed appropriately for the outdoor conditions. As for going to the malls, it's best to wait until your baby is a bit older and has received their first set of vaccinations. This is usually around 2-3 months old, but it's best to check with your pediatrician to get their recommendation. Once you do start going out to public places like malls, just be mindful of crowds and try to avoid peak times to reduce exposure to germs. Remember to bring along all the essentials like diapers, wipes, extra clothes, and anything else you might need. And don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it! It's a big adjustment becoming a parent, but you're doing great. Good luck! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Other than the usual poly appts, I started bringing him out after he turned 1 month old. First I brought him out to safe places like my siblings or friends houses. Then after a while we dared ourselves to go to the malls. I only dare to bring him out with my husband cos he's still so small. I did try to walk around our neighbourhood with him alone but he didn't like the stroller so in the end I carried him while pushing the stroller. Exhausting 😮‍💨

Read more

i'd just go out when my husband wants to bring us out 😂 last year happened that my girl was a month old during Hari Raya so safe to say since her first month. but as long as you are comfortable tho! at this stage usually until she can sit (5-6 months mark), i'd baby wear (Konny carrier then 5 months onwards Ergobaby) her so that she still feels close to me.

Read more

hey same here. I rarely leave the house too and my baby is 9 weeks. The thought of bringing him to malls make me a lil anxious because he's not fully vaccinated. Also, I am not confident yet that I can handle baby alone without my husband. I think I might start going downstairs first or to my family's house for the time being.

Read more

Anytime u are ready! You can go downstairs for a walk with baby first then slowly go to the malls esp with the hot weather now.