My 11 month still don’t know how to crawl

My baby was born with neck tightness so it may caused delay along the way. But now her neck and head is way better but she still doesn’t crawl or pull to stand. Keep going therapy and treatment but the doc say is not necessary to crawl but if don’t pull to stand by 11-12 month it shows developmental delay. I don’t know what to do. Each baby have their own milestone isn’t it?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My daughter skipped crawling and went straight to cruising along with furnitures (trying to reach for things at the dining table or shelves. She would rather wriggle herself over or just sit down there and ask for help. Walking wise, she only started walking on her own at 15 months without assistance. Now at 22mo, can run but occasionally choose to crawl instead (mimicking my dogs). Try to put her favourite toys or snack at a higher place then get her to reach for it, practise daily.

Read more

My elder daughter skipped crawling and started walking at 11mo. My second daughter started crawling only at 13 mo and walking at 16 mo. So I guess it really depends on individual. Don’t worry! She will get there!