4 month sleep regression

Hi! My baby is turning 4 months in a few days but it seems like sleep regression has started. He used to be able to self soothe to sleep for his first two naps of the day when I put him down awake. But for all naps and bedtime now, he would fuss the moment he is laid down in the cot. Bedside soothing isn't working out too.. we've been carrying him until very drowsy before we put him down in the cot. Was wondering if any experienced parents have done gentle sleep training and how did you do it? how long did it take?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I personally think it’s a phase that comes and goes. It might happen again when he’s teething. Will you considered getting a rocker or electric yaolan? Or offering a pacifier? Baby grows up so fast. Cuddle and hug him more whenever you can. If sleep training means letting a young baby to “suffer” and takes care of himself at such tender age, it’s heart breaking. But every family setting and parenting styles are different. Hope you find a way to get through the current stage.

Read more
3t trước

Thank you so much!! I agree with you - I love holding my baby 🥹 I'm 100% responsive so I don't leave him to cry. I would however give him the opportunity to try self soothing if he is just whining for short periods of time!! Thank you for the timely reminder :")