My baby is 6 days old and my boobs are hard and leaky. I keep getting my clothes and him wet. He needs to constantly get burped. Is this normal? When will my boob stop leaking? Will the constant fullness of my breast reduce?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You may want to wear nursing pads to prevent getting your clothes wet, it helps a lot! I personally try to burp baby so that it minimize the chance of her throwing up milk, I also keep her upright for 10-15 minutes after every feed. (however some says that direct latching do not require burping). Your body will slowly adjust to your LO's feeding time and they will soon stop leaking and will only be full when it's nearing baby's feed (my personal experience). If it's full you may wish to hand express to relieve. If you're not trying to keep a stash, do not pump till empty. This will signal the body to produce even more milk.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-15831)

Thành viên VIP

Yup wear nursing pads. My leaky boobs stopped after 1-2 months. And if boobs feel too full, consider to pump the excess milk after latching baby.