Colic help

Baby is 4 weeks old, screaming uncontrollably every night 1am to 7am. Any suggestions pls? Fed + diaper changed + not hot/cold. Currently using gentle rocks, sways, shushing, walking, light bouncing, all doesn’t work. #firstmom #firstmom #helppls

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try doing some baby massage every hour. Baby bicycles help a lot too. After which you’ll hear your baby passing lots of gas. Both my babies have colic and this 2nd one (3 weeks old) is much tougher than my firstborn. What is sleep at night for me this time round.. 😵‍💫 he’s always grunting and crying, but when I do baby bicycles he’ll stop and even gurgle. After every shower, I’ll use baby oil to massage his whole body, focusing more on his tummy and legs. I gave him tummy time too and let him sleep on his tummy most of the time with constant supervision. He sleeps much better on his tummy. I also put on baby binder for him. Sometimes I’ll add Ridwind into his FM for night feeding. He has difficulties burping too so I make sure I keep him upright for at least 10-15mins while patting him to burp then I’ll put him on his tummy to sleep. If he’s still uncomfortable I’ll pick him up and try to burp him again. Sometimes he’ll burp, sometimes he won’t. Or maybe, just maybe, your baby might still be hungry? Try add another 30ml milk on top of his usual feeding amount. My baby sometimes scream too when he’s still hungry. He can drink 90ml FM for night feeding and can only last 2hrs sometimes slightly less. Hope something works for you! 💙

Read more