anyone has problem with toddler's sleep? my son 3 y.o. doesn't want to sleep. Make me awake until 3 am or 4 am almost every day!

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm facing the same problem since the last week or so. My 2yo doesn't want to sleep and it's almost always past 12 in the night. She sleeps for around 1.5-2.5 hours in the afternoon. While I haven't been completely successful and trying different things, I'll tell you what I have been doing: 1) We are trying to shift her afternoon nap to before 3pm and take her to the neighborhood park in the evening. That way she's tired enough for a good night's sleep. This has worked more often than other approaches. 2) Switch off all the lights in the entire house. She keeps on babbling, we keep telling each other stories and before she knows, she's fast asleep. 3) Read a book for around half an hour before sleeping. She gets drowsy enough looking at the same pictures and asks to be put to bed. Hope our nights get back to being peaceful again :)

Read more

It's good that he takes naps in the afternoons. And 30-60 mins each time is good enough. Your night routine seems great too. Have you tried winding him down before bed? Keeping the lights dim, limiting the bedtime story to perhaps only one and by 9pm (or whatever time you want to leave him) leave him in his room and turn off the lights or just keep his night light on. Be firm, by 9pm no more interaction. I understand that he may play after you leave. Let him do so but sooner or later he will get bored and just fall asleep. Hope this helps.

Read more

I can relate to this with my 3-year old son. There are times wherein he would sleep at 3-4AM so that's the only time I can sleep as well, then I have to be up at 5AM again. I noticed that if he has had a lot of activities for the day, it's easier for him to fall asleep.

I asked my girl to keep all the books after bes time stories. Toy are all kept outside and not in the room. Room is just a bed and i usually closed the door fully when i put her to bed so that she will not open and run outside to get her toys. Mayb u can try this

Does he take lots of naps in the day? That could be one reason why he cannot sleep at night. What is his bedtime routine like? Sometimes if a child is too over stimulated (maybe from tv or tablet or even playing) before bedtime, this could be a reason as well.

8y trước

only 30-60 minutes nap. Bedtime routine has been done, drinking milk, brushing teeth, bedtime story, but he doesn't want to sleep. Asking more and more bedtime stories, then start leaving bed to reach toys and play again.

maybe try don't give him nap at the afternoon cos if he don't feel tried he will not sleep well at night. Morning he will wanted to have nap. Or give him some activity like drawing and colouring in the afternoon. He will tried can sleep well at night

Dont give chocolate before bed time and try to dim the lights when trying to sleep..no tv or any distractions..try reading a book..hope this helps..i also have this same problem before..now my toodler learn to sleep bet 8-9pm..

Lesser long afternoon nap. No sweet foods 2 hours before bed time, dim or off all lights at home, restrict up to maybe 3 books then proceed to bed. Schedule this as routine, follow strictly for 2 weeks, it should help!

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5863)

u can try to reduce sweets intake.. let him jump and play 1hour before bedtime. puts on Lavender oil on his pillow, play soothing music for sleep. i used to apply lavender cream on my daughter also.