Fussy newborn baby who dont sleep

Hi, anybody can give me tips on why my newborn doesn't sleep? He is 6 weeks old, and he only sleep less than 10 hours in a 24 hour day. He kept doing heh heh heh sounds (i googled and it says is discomfort) i checked if he is hot, cold, needs a diaper change or not. But all is good. So i dont know why he kept heh heh heh and don't sleep. #help ##advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Your newborn still adapting to his own sleeping pattern. Sometimes they become sleepyhead, sometimes they love to be cuddle to sleep, sometimes they gets uncomfortable to environment around them ( can be too noisy, too quiet). Why not try to massage baby a little, swaddle n sleep side ways to make bby comfy. You can also on lullaby, or pat bby to sleep fully before bedtime. Also try to either BF or FM to make bby full before bedtime. Also FYI bby do make grunting noises to sleep because they trynna learn to breathe, their passageway is still small hence the noises.

Read more

I have tried all ways you mentioned. It doesn't work. And my baby does not sleep after fully fed. He eats every 2 hours. Previously almost every 1.5 hours we are cutting it down and trying to pull the time longer.

It helps to ensure baby is fully burped after feeding, before being put to sleep. Sometimes they may be fussing about due to indigestion / gas in their stomach