Adding Milo to breastmilk

Hi! My 8.5mth old doesn’t want to drink frozen breastmilk anymore. He latches most of the time, and only take bottle about 2 days a week when I go to work. He takes in solid well too, and is not on any formula milk. I have tried adding the breastmilk to cerealac and Oats, but he had rejected them. Thinking of adding just a small teaspoon of Milo Gao (no sugar) into the frozen breastmilk and let him drink using by straw. Any mummies done this before? If yes, pls share the outcome/effect. Thanks! P/s. I am aware that it is not recommended to add Milo. But am looking at another alternative besides formula.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

please don’t put milo into milk before 1 year old. there’s a lot of added sugar in milo that your child doesn’t need at this stage. would suggest adding FM instead of milo. FM more beneficial to his growth at least

10mo trước

still not ideal. best not to feed.

Thành viên VIP

Milo is NOT suitable for infants and children up to 3 yo. This is a fact. Milo is best suited for children primary sch age and above.

U rather put milo instead of giving fm? 🧐

10mo trước

So I think with a lil Milo baby can differentiate is another type of drink instead of milk type and likely will not reject direct latch. Anyways, this post is just to ask if there are anyone who has done it before and the outcome. Thanks 🙏