Hi mummies, please share your experience with me. Currently am 7 weeks pregnant with #2, will be taking folic acid till week 12 then doc prescribed me obimin & fish oil and stop folic acid. With my #1, i didn't even take these 2 because of the smells and i can't swallow big pills, folic acid i can. Thinking back of those pills makes me wanna vomit. Most of u will say it's a must to take. But I just can't take it. Is there any alternatives for these 2 pills? I heard of fish oil gummies. Do they have it in Singapore? How does it taste like? TIA!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I know of friends who didn't take any supplements but children came out well and active. You may want to consider eating nutritious food to boost up the nutrients required for baby's growth. Go for salmon or cod which are rich in omegas. I hadn't tried fish gummies for adults but for children I gave burstlets meaning flavoured fish oil in soft capsules. Despite the flavour, I could still taste fishy. Gummies are usually with sugar it may taste better. Option 2: request for sample from the brand that you wish to try. Else money wasted for not taking them.

Read more
7y trước

Eating salmon & cod fish is enough to cover the supplement amount? What is the brand of the gummies? Is the fish oil's smell strong in the gummies?